Friday, November 30, 2012

My Patient's Can Tell My Story

In 1977, the Supreme Court approved advertising by Professionals. Many dentists of that era have always disapproved of advertising by their peers but thankfully, the old school dentists are retiring and everyone practicing will have grown up during the time that dentists could advertise.

I do a significant amount of advertising and I never give it a second thought about the possibility that it was once considered 'unprofessional.'

What I do know is that compliments and comments by my patients are of far greater value than the advertising that I pay for.

I received the following email from a patient that I saw the day of the drawing for the $580 million dollar Powerball drawing:

Well I didn't hit the Powerball, so my blue corvette will have to wait. I am
always a little nervous when I have this work done but I don't know why I
should be with you. I got in the car and took a look in my mouth and had to
take a moment of amazement. You are a true artist it would be very difficult
if even possible to the eye to tell that there is even a restoration there.
I even showed it to someone at work because they made a comment about me
driving all the way to Saratoga for my dentist once. Well she took one look
and said she now understands. I just laughed, I thought you would appreciate
that. Wish you the best on your surgery see you in January.

I was thrilled to receive this email from my patient and it confirms to me that there ARE patients that will select excellence if it is made available to them.

I thank everyone of my patients for trusting me and my staff to take care of you. It is an absolute honor and privilege to be your dentist.