Saturday, June 18, 2016

Mick Jagger Told Us 50 Years Ago

"You can't always get what you want but if you try real hard, you will get what you need." So goes the song.

Maybe it is me..........People are becoming more unreasonable all the time.

I tell my new patients (my long term patients already know) that I believe that I am a very good dentist BUT I cannot change:

1. The laws of physics
2. The rules of biology
3. Your DNA

When a patient presents with a problem and I provide the options for treatment, it is often unreasonable for a patient to say that they don't like their options. Frequently, when I tell a patient who has been in pain that they have two options for eliminating the pain. They can have the tooth removed or have root canal therapy. Sometimes a patient will say, "I don't want either option."

Kindly refer to rules 1 through  3 above.

I cannot change your options nor can any other dentist.

Period...NO EXCEPTION.

I know that this is America in the year 2016 but 50 years later, "You STILL can't get what you want."

Find good people to take care of you and let them do what they do to take care of you.