Saturday, July 21, 2018

Another Farewell

I have been going to Pilates at the Reform Pilates Studio, located right next door to my office, for the majority of the time that I have been in Saratoga. Last week, the owner decided that the Studio was going to close at the end of the Summer.

Had I not taken Pilates twice a week, I probably would not still be working full time...It is THAT important.

Like my office, Reform's reputation was that it was excellent but expensive. As you can imagine, I adamantly DISAGREE with part of that assessment. Both Reform Pilates Studio and my office always aimed for excellence and in today's business environment, that is truly exceptional.

With regards to dentistry, making large sums of money is dependent on cutting down lots of healthy tooth structure for crowns. What is NOT healthy for teeth: cutting them down for crowns and the use of crowns must be limited especially in young people. I have NEVER destroyed your teeth for my personal gain....NEVER.

For Reform Studio, having a beautiful environment to strengthen our bodies was important. It is very hard to provide excellence in a place that is old, run down and moldy.

If folks think paying to stay healthy with Pilates is expensive then they should try paying for illness which is tens of thousands of dollars more costly....

Many Americans no longer feel that excellence is important and/or worth paying for.
I emphatically disagree and when excellence ceases to exist, folks will find out how TRULY expensive mediocrity is.

PS: We have had one of the slowest months (June) in more than a decade so I fully understand
Reform Pilates Studios situation.