Friday, December 7, 2018

Time is Running Out

Every four or five years, I write a blog about excellence. And in each blog I say, "If the American people do not buy excellence it will cease to exist."

Excellence in health care and dentistry ,in particular, is rapidly disappearing. Why? Who would like to spend 5,000, 6,000 or like myself 7,000 hours of high level, costly education if no one is willing to buy the exceptional care that a highly trained dentist is capable of delivering?

2018 was a relatively slow year for us and our first 'down' year since we moved to Saratoga. This does not bode well for those who want quality dentistry.

Just today a long time patient of 35 years called to tell me that he had a horrific toothache and the only thing that stopped the pain was placing an ice cube directly on his tooth. When the nerve of a tooth dies, gases are produced and because the body is 98.6 degrees, the gases expand and produce significant pain. The ice causes the gases to contract and stops the terrible pain.

This is a  patient who will not make it through the weekend because of the intense pain. I told him that I would call him right back. I called Root Canal Expert and asked for a favor for my patient.

Mission accomplished!!! I told my patient that he would get a call from Dr. Banch's office to provide the time. I also texted my patient:

Where else would you be able to get an appointment with one of the BEST doctors in the world with a few minutes notice?

His return text:

NO WHERE! Please.....never retire.

If you are considering treatment please have it done now or in the near future...Excellence will not be around forever and....

YOU are used to really good dental care....