Sunday, January 5, 2020

The Call from the Coroner's office

I never wanted  any of my patients go missing and have to be identified by dental records. But as Mick Jagger says, "You can't always get what you want."

A relative of a patient called late last night and told me that someone had been found and that dental records were needed immediately. This morning I was contacted by the Coroner's office and I sent the requested information.

I received a text from the official this evening:



I just wanted to thank you, again for your care of your patients, always 24/7. I know how difficult it was to receive this phone call. You took such great care of XXX, your dental attention and treatment, superior. I wish you a Happy New Year, Never retire. I appreciate what I experienced today; a caring, appreciative, talented dentist who went into the profession to help people. You happened to also be greatly talented. You help a family have closure. Great appreciation for helping me today. XXX , DDS, Forensics

Doesn't make me happy...In fact, the opposite.