Friday, September 7, 2012

Dentists Are Lousy at Dentistry

"Are you kidding me?"
"I can't believe that YOU are saying this."

I watched both the Republican and Democratic Conventions and I looked at people's teeth as the cameras surveyed the audience. What I saw was horrific crowns, poorly done fillings and lots of crooked teeth and gaps.

What does this tell me about the state of dentistry in America? It says that many dentists are not well educated and are not willing to inform and educate their patients about the wonderful materials and techniques available in dentistry today.

Crooked teeth??? Invisilign clear retainers will permit the straighening to teeth without unsightly and uncomfortable braces that we see children have.

Crowns on front teeth with black lines??? Why would anyone place a Porcelain fused to metal crown when dentists have beautiful, tooth colored and very strong all ceramic crowns.

I was grateful for one thing when I looked at the audience at both conventions.
None of my patients have smiles that look as bad as the smiles that I saw :)