Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Others Can Say It Better

Recently I told you about some of my colleagues complaining that I only blogged about me and that they thought it was pretensious. Yesterday I consulted with a patient who wanted to improve his smile for his upcoming wedding and wanted information about what his options were. He travelled more than 3 hours to the appointment and was not sure what could be done for him. He had been to my website and loved the cases that I had completed. I told my patient that one of his options should include orthodontic therapy but that I would be happy to do beautiful esthetic bonding prior to his weddding so that his photos would be wonderful. I then did a direct resin mock up to provide my patient with a preview of what I am thinking so that he could then intelligently decide if direct bonding was a good short term option. He was absolutely blown away by how great the mockup looked and how great his smile was; Today I received the following email from him:
"Tricia, thank you very much for sending the photos. I sure hated to have them removed:) You have an amazing facility and a brilliant team. I cannot wait to come back :)"

My job is to take care of my patients the best possible way that I can. Some of my colleagues around the country think that I am arrogant and pretensious. What I really think is that they resent my passion for dentistry and the fact that I LOVE my work.