Friday, December 14, 2012

Thank You

I would like to thank my friends, neighbors, colleagues and most of all, my patients for the cards, calls, emails, hugs, food and flowers following my knee replacement surgery at New York's Hospital of Special Surgery by Dr. Thomas Sculco. I also want to thank my wife, Susan for her love, concern and great care during my recovery.

The surgery was easy and the first 3 days were fabulous...little swelling and no pain. The last 4 days have been miserable. The pain and swelling have been significant. At the one week mark, everyone can't believe how well that I am doing. I just don't FEEL like myself. Hopefully, this will improve everyday.

AN ASIDE:
I selected a surgeon who is rated one of the top 20 knee surgeons in the country...He does not participate with any insurance company and I will send him a check, he will complete the forms and MY insurance company will pay me whatever they re-imburse for me selecting an out of network surgeon. Because he is not dictated to by insurance companies, he charges much more than most participating surgeons but he can spend more time with each patient to insure the finest outcome.

I have no problem with paying my surgeon because I run my practice exactly the same way. I work for YOU, MY PATIENT and no insurance company will tell me how to provide the best care that I can for you. I spend more time, use better materials, hire better labs and have a more talented staff than dentists that participate with insurance companies.

Isn't this what YOU want and should expect?