Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Simply Incredible

Yesterday morning at 10 AM I consulted with a 16 year old female and her mom about a cosmetic problem on the teenager's front teeth. The were given my name by their dentist in Plattsburgh, NY. At 12 noon, I prepared a tooth for a crown on a patient who travelled for treatment from New York City.  The distance from New York to Plattsburgh is 308 miles or 616 miles round trip for two patients to travel to my office.

The average patient travels 5-8 miles for a dental visit.

So what do you think that this is about? What does it say about the average local dentist? Or about the trust and confidence that patients have for their local dental community.

I certainly am honored when patients travel a great distance to receive their dental care in my office but patients have been traveling from greater distances the last few years so that I can restore their teeth.

Perhaps the fact that I have been a student of the dental craft for the last 20 years, or that  hundreds of thousands of people have been to my website to learn about me and my work. Or maybe people have heard about the passion that I have for my work and the fact that my last vacation was in 1986.

Regardless of the reasons that people select my office for their  dental care, I will do my very best to      take care of you. We want to be known for excellence in providing dental treatment and I do believe that people have decided that they deserve excellent dental care and they are willing to travel to obtain it.

Thank you for being our patients.