Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Final Session of Our Live Patient Course

The 'show' went on despite the fact that I was out of town attending the Memorial Celebration for my good friend Howie Leifer. I made a live 'appearance'  via amazing technology. Francisco Banchs and I decided that I could 'attend' the course using the app FACETIME on my iPad. While I could not see our students, they saw and heard me  on a large monitor just before it was time for me to go to the Memorial Celebration.

There are virtually (no pun intended) no limits on what we will be able to accomplish using technology. Not only had there never been a live patient course like the one presented at Root Canal Experts there also had never been one of the faculty members appearing to be 'beamed in'  like in the 40 year old TV Series, Star Trek.

I was honored to be asked to be the clinical director of our course. I was extremely happy with the outcome of our patient treatment using almost all of the specialties in dentistry. What an incredible learning experience for our students.