Sunday, May 5, 2013

65

Yesterday was my birthday and became 65. It is a magic number that even the government recognizes as the official start of the beginning of the end of your life. The government forced me to take a government handout  (Medicare) even though I work full time, earn a good living and would rather have remained on my previous insurance plan. I would have preferred have my own insurance and when I retired have the option of selecting Medicare if I wanted.

Well I am now in the final quarter of both my life and my professional life and to date, have few regrets which is a good thing.  I have had two surgeries in the last two years but both have healed well with little if any residual pain. Susan and I played 9 holes of golf yesterday and neither my shoulder nor my knee played any role in my lousy performance. lol

What are my goals in my final years of dentistry and life?  I want to do the best dentistry of my professional life and I want Susan and I to remain healthy and active.

Very little else really matters.