Monday, January 13, 2014

Saratoga at Five Years

Today is the 5th anniversary of the opening of our dental practice in Saratoga Springs. At age 60, I started all over and went heavily into debt to continue doing what I love to do…fix teeth. Had I not moved from Cropseyville, NY I would be 'celebrating' the anniversary of my retirement.

I cannot tell you that moving was financially rewarding; the same number of people that accepted big cases in Cropseyville, accept them in Saratoga. It is just as challenging to attract new patients in Saratoga as in Cropseyville and lastly the same number of people in each place complain that fees are too high.

I will say that I am much more accepted and  involved in the dental community in Saratoga than I ever was in Troy.

The best part of having opened my new office was meeting Drs. Banchs and Byrne who are not only great colleagues but great friends. They confirmed my belief that the pursuit of excellence is challenging, possible and the right (but lonely) thing to do.

I am hoping that the next ten years in Saratoga will be healthy, productive and happy years.