Friday, May 16, 2014

"Thank you. I am Very Grateful for What You Have Done for Me"

What treatment did I do for this patient?
Did I relieve her pain or swelling? NO!
Did she break a front tooth in a fall and I perfectly fixed the tooth so that she could go to work without embarrassment? NO!

I took out all of her mercury fillings and restored her teeth with bonded resin (white) fillings.  I do this every day of the work week for my patients but this was special in the eyes of this patient.

All of her 20 year old mercury fillings had tooth decay under the fillings and  the teeth  were very close to breaking apart because of the decay. I SHOWED her photographs of the decay in her teeth.

I took out the old mercury fillings, removed the tooth decay and dramatically increased the strength of her  teeth with the bonded (white) resin fillings (using rubber dam, of course)....And I removed no healthy tooth structure to place a crown which many dentists would have done.

I can understand her appreciation and gratitude.