Friday, May 16, 2014

Why I Love My Patients

I have many patients that travel 40-50 miles each way to come to my Saratoga office. I have other patients that travel 3.5 hours EACH WAY to have their dentistry in our office and literally passing thousands of dentists along the way.

One such patient has been making that round trip 7 hour journey for more than FIFTEEN YEARS.

She has been having a problem for a little more than a year that has been quite a challenge to diagnose and I finally was able to arrive at an answer for her and with her physicians help, we should have a confirmation of my thoughts.

I received  two emails from my patient when she arrived home in which she said the following:

"I also want to tell you that even though I occasionally question driving all the way up to you--and everyone else questions me--there is never a time that on the way home I am not thankful for your expertise, kindness, and humanity.  Thank you for being my dentist and more."


"As always, thank you for your pursuit of excellence in the work you do.  Thank you also for all your advice above and beyond dentistry.  I am determined to get to the bottom of my acid reflux problem and hopefully will have some information next time I visit."

Whenever she sends me these kind words, I reply that it is a privilege and a pleasure to take care of her.

And I mean it.