Sunday, March 6, 2016

It Has Been a Year

A year ago yesterday (March 5) I had Reverse Shoulder Replacement surgery by Dr. Lawrence Gulotta at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City.

As you remember, I returned to work 34 days after surgery, went to physical therapy 3 times a week for four months and played golf on June 13 (as lousy as usual with even my long game being short.)

So how am I doing?

A miraculous recovery for an old guy who uses his shoulder every minute of every day. Is the shoulder as good as my original shoulder? NO WAY. There are limitations as you might expect. The muscles around the shoulder are often sore, my golf drive is 30 yards less, I can't get tissues out of the back pocket of my pants and my hand feels like when novocaine is wearing off.

Always go to the best for your health care needs. There IS a difference and not a small one. You will pay more but in the end, it will cost you less...in money and other ways.

You get what you pay for is a concept that we all know but we need to be constantly reminded.

 Finding a bargain has become a national obsession.  I want to hire great people and let them take care of me.