Monday, April 18, 2016

Final Calls

In the last two months I have received  two calls from family members  informing me that one of my long-time patients (30+years) had passed away. The first call was from the wife (also a patient) telling me that she didn't want me to see her husband's death notice in the  paper and be surprised. Today I received the  second call was from one of  Beverly's  children  telling me that she had passed away last week. The caller said that," her Mother liked Dr. Benjamin a great deal "
and that she had wanted me to know about her Mother.

In both cases I was truly touched by the families calling me  personally with their sad news. When you lose a patient that you cared for more than 3 decades, it is like losing a friend or a family member. And that is the kind of relationship that I have always had with my patients.

In has never been about the money but how you take care of your patients.

I am truly saddened at the news of my two patients passing...May they Rest in Peace.