Wednesday, April 13, 2016

I Will Never Win a Popularity Contest

I have been on one or more dental internet forums for at least 15 years. I have always been a strong proponent of practicing excellence while many others talk about how to increase business or make more money... Neither of which really interests me...

I  am a clinician first and foremost. My goal is to take care of my patients in the best possible way.

This past weekend, I got into an argument with many on a forum when I said, "If you want to avoid being taken over by Corporate Dental Practices, you need to start taking lots of courses so that you can learn as much as possible to separate yourself from the rest of average dentists.

Whoa....the verbiage became intense with much of the barbs aimed at me.
 "How dare you talk about excellence when there are so few patients who truly want excellence." You and I know that that statement is absolutely untrue since my practice is ONLY comprised of people that want and demand dental excellence.

Then another long-time forum member said the following:

"I’d give my left testicle  to have the skills that man has with composite.  I can’t even get the cap off the tube,  and they look like they were contoured with a bard parker.  The man may talk the talk, but he sure does walk the walk."

I was totally amazed an honored by the dentists statement especially since I do not know him.

I guess that his statement validates your decision to be my patient.

Thank you!!!