Saturday, January 20, 2018

It Has Been 30 Years

As many of you know, I have been a dentist more than 40 years. I came to the Capital District in 1978 and began practicing part time in Cropseyville, NY 5 miles East of Troy. I worked for a dentist and then in 1985, I became his  partner. I loved being a dentist and he felt the opposite. The practice was never really financially successful nor was it a joyful place to work. On January 19,1988 my partner had an 'unfortunate' accident. Why is the word unfortunate in quotes? Because the person who didn't enjoy dentistry did not have to practice dentistry and the dentist that loved his work, was able to practice dentistry in a manner that was fun and joyful. Tricia and I both worked in that office in Tamarac Plaza, a hole in the wall if there ever was one.

Tricia and I work in a calm, stress free practice along with Jeanine, Trish and Donna. We have become one of the premier restorative dental practices in the Capital District and my peers again have selected me as a top dentist in the are.

Neither Tricia nor I knew anything about running a dental practice but we knew what we didn't want. By 1992, we moved to our second office in the Tamarac Valley Medical Dental Building and I started taking an incredible amount of Continuing Education so that today, I have 7,000 hours of CE among the most in the Capital District.

Along the way, I started the World's  first Esthetic Center at SUNY Buffalo School of Dental Medicine. Another accomplishment was that I won first place (one of five dentists in the world) in the 1999 American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry Smile Contest, the most prestigious dental clinical contest in the world. I am still an Associate Clinical Professor at SUNY/Buffalo (visiting)

My greatest accomplishment is that the overwhelming majority of my long term patients have been able to keep virtually every tooth that they started with me 30 + years ago.

It has been an incredible 30 years for Tricia an I. And we did it our way. The Ethical way, the Right way...All with integrity and with our patient's best interest the most important thing. I don't think that we would be where we are today if..............................