Sunday, January 14, 2018

The Ignorance of the Uninformed

As you know, I am on many dental forums. I do this not so much to learn something but to observe what others think/believe/know.

This appeared on a dental Facebook posting:

Ishwinder Saran I think I paid $35k with training. Honestly, you don’t need the training. It’s pretty easy and user friendly. Watch some YouTube videos.

As a patient, aren't you comforted that dentists don't value learning and can simply go on YouTube and learn everything that they need to know? 

There will never again be a generation of dentists devoted to learning  and mastering a subject for the benefit of their patients ....and I say this with great sadness. As I told you before, I have over  7,000 hours of high level Continuing Education with much of it with among the best in the world. Do you really think that today's young professional with their 'busy' schedule with give up 100 weekends to learn?

Not a chance in hell.

If you are considering comprehensive dental treatment, find yourself an older, talented dentist to do the work BEFORE they retire and their level of excellence disappears.

(Aside: I am not getting ready to retire as some rumors report.)