Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Honor and Respect

Sometimes I find something on a dental forum that surprises me because it was done without my knowledge like the following:


Hey guys. Really great conversations here focused on students, residents and new dentists. I encourage you to add your student, resident and young dentist friends. 
I love running my own larger group Dental Nachos, but I know it can be intimidating for new dentists to post on that group. 
I have specifically chosen some great dentists like David WetheringtonDeanna Snitzer Gerald Benjamin Brad Keener and more to be helpful to the conversation. It's important to get different views on the industry and not just those of Dr. Nacho even though I am the smartest boy in the world according to my Baba.

And sometimes I am contacted by a new dental journal asking me to serve on the editorial board of the group such as:
Dear Dr. Gerald Benjamin,

Greetings..!!
We would like to take a minute to introduce our Open Access scientific journal “Dentistry & Dental Practices Journal (DDPJ)” to you.
Based upon your eminence and expertise, we humbly request you to be a part of DDPJ Editorial board.
To know more about Editor roles, kindly go through below link for guidelines
http://chembioepub.com/editor-guidelines.php
We hope you to consider our invitation for being an Editorial board member in our Journal and kindly forward your particulars: Curriculum vittae, Research interest, Short biography, recent photograph to upload your profile in our Journal website.
Hope our Journal will offer you an enriching experience and hope to achieve great successful endeavors. We look forward to receive from you at the earliest.
Many thanks in advance for considering this request.
Kind Regards
Flora Dalton
Assistant Managing Editor
Dentistry & Dental Practices Journal
Chembio Publishers

Because I did not seek out these groups, it is always an honor to be considered because I have gained the respect of a group.