Friday, April 12, 2019

Offended by Negative Reviews

After 42 years, I am still saddened when a patient leaves our practice. When someone writes a negative review about our practice, I am deeply offended.

A relatively new patient wrote that I am outrageously expensive....

What she meant to say is that she did not value fine restorative dentistry and if that is the case, then she should not be a patient in our practice.

This is like walking into a BMW dealer and telling the salesperson that they can buy a Ford, Chevy or  Toyota for 1/3 of the cost of the BMW...That is not comparing apples to apples.

As I have told you for the last almost 20 years of writing blogs is that I will never hurt you to increase my income. That I will never destroy your tooth structure with a crown to increase my wealth...That I will never listen to an insurance company and provide the least expensive, lowest standard of dental care for you or your family rather than do the best that I can do.

When patients complain about fees it is because they don't care about excellence OR the cost is above their comfort number that they believe that dentistry should cost.

As I wrote in a blog yesterday...one of my colleagues said, " Gerald does things the right way but most of us (dentists) cannot make a living without placing crowns." (Paraphrased)

If a patient thinks that all dentists are the same...that is fine. But I KNOW that it is not so.