Saturday, March 26, 2011

Do I Care What My Colleagues think?

Yes I do!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why?

Because I have been doing this job for a very long time...almost 35 years, and I would like to believe that I have made a difference both to my profession and in my patient's lives.

One of my colleagues recently posted a statement about who should make the decision about the kind of restoration that is BEST for the patient. This is what he said:

"I don't want my hygienist deciding what kind of restoration my patients need. She is good especially with the digital x-rays telling and showing patients that they have a broken down tooth or a very large filling that is leaking that needs to be restored. I do mostly onlays an occasional crown and a lot of larger composites like Einstein, or I mean Gerald."

Dentists around the United States know who I am and what I do. I am known for preserving natural tooth structure by placing very strong direct posterior resins instead of cutting down teeth for crowns.

In the final third of my career, I have made my mark on my profession and I like that.