Saturday, April 7, 2012

Remembering an Old Friend and Colleague

Ed Rogozinski was my dental laboratory technician and friend for almost 20 years. As you know, I have been a dentist for more than 30 years and I have the good fortune of having many patients for my entire career in the Capital District. Last week I saw a few crowns that Mr. Rogo (as I called him although everyone else called him Rogy)fabricated for one of my patients and it brought back many good memories of a good friend and dental collaborator. He was one of the best 'gold men' as technicians used to be called and during one stretch we cemented in 250 crowns in a row without a remake which is probably a record if records were kept.

I miss Mr. Rogo but delight in the fact that after 30 years, I still take care of his son, Richard. We were one hell of a good team.