Thursday, May 24, 2012

What You MUST Understand

As many of my patients know, I was injured in a car accident in 1976 just as I was about to enter my senior year of dental school. I had my right leg amputated and reattached in one of the world's first limb reattachments. Over the years, the pain in my knee has worsened and my limp has become more pronounced. Last year I consulted with a physician who deals with traumatic injuries and the rehabilitation that follows those injuries. I was told that I needed a knee replacement but that I did not have sufficient muscles to support an artificial replacement.

I recently called up my friend and physical therapist, Tony DeMatteo and asked him for the name of THE BEST knee surgeon that he knew and he immedicately came up with two of the very best, Dr. Thomas Sculco at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC and Dr. James Andrews of Alabama. Yesterday I consulted with Dr. Sculco and he looked at the x-rays, examined my knee and leg and informed me that he would do a knee replacement any time I wanted.

I smiled when I told Dr. Sculco about my local doctor and then I said, "I know how mediocre the average dentist is and I can only assume that your colleagues are no different than mine." He nodded in agreement.

When you seek out and are treated by THE BEST physicians and dentists, you will receive treatment that is so superior to what the average health care provider will offer you. You must accept the fact that mediocrity is available on every corner in America and the finding doctors who practice and believe in EXCELLENCE will take extra effort on your part...And guess what? It will cost more! But then again, aren't YOU worth it?