Sunday, November 9, 2014

Not a Good Day

Sometimes we begin a day facing unexpected challenges that we could never have anticipated or planned for but nevertheless we must deal with. Last Tues one of our patients fell down the stairs and fractured 3 front teeth. Our brainstorming begins "with how are we going to get our patient out of his or her problem?" Fortunately, these teeth were going to be restored in a few weeks anyway and I had sent my patient to Root Canal Experts  for his root canal treatment.
Our treatment is designed to allow our patient to feel and be normal again and we do not consider it a 'work of art.' We can always go back and 'spiff it up' after the immediate crisis is over.
The wife of my patient sent me the following text:

"Just wanted to say thanks again for everything that you did this week for my husband. When you have a chance can you send me the before and after pictures. Have a great weekend and thanks again; he would have been in big trouble without your amazing talent."

We will always do our best to be there for you when your dental world falls apart. It is one way that we can differentiate our office from others.