Saturday, January 17, 2015

Thoughts and Opinions of Others

I would  hope that most people have a good sense of ego and self worth that when asked about themselves, that the opinions would be most favorable. This is an assumed given in my brain.
However, it is the opinions and evaluations of others that balance our own opinions with the real world.

I posted a case of a large direct bonded resin filling on the forum, DentalXP, one of the premier dental  sites for learning and this is  what a dentist from Texas (someone that I do not know) said:

Gerald, thank you for your contribution to this website. It's a blessing. I am personally and continually improved by your posts. 

I am not well received when I talk about the overuse of crowns on dental websites. Some dentists are starting to see the value of my opinions and techniques that will truly help you save your teeth for your entire life. This is the case that I posted:




If my history is any guide to the future, this direct bonded filling will last 20 years and will have cost $17.50 a year . This will enable this patient to make it into his 60s before he needs a crown that  will last the rest of his life.

Others might have placed a crown at a cost of $1450.00 but as I have always told you: I will always place your best interest above my financial interest.

And other dentists are finally beginning to listen....and they are not afraid to publicly say so.