Wednesday, February 11, 2015

My First Conversation of the Day

This morning I got into the elevator with my next door neighbor who is renting the unit next to ours. I don't know him at all other than we say 'hello' when we see each other and that he drives an Audi.

Him: Morning
Me: Good morning

Him: Hey I was going to become your patient but you don't take my insurance
Me: May I tell you a secret...None of the best dentists in the country will take your insurance

Him: Why
Me: How would you like to be paid the same  salary as you earned 20 years ago.

Him: Have a good one
Me: You too.

The surgeon who fixed my shoulder didn't take my insurance so I wrote him a check and my insurance sent me part of the money...Oh and you have to be interviewed by one of the staff before the doctor was willing to examine you.

The surgeon who replaced my knee didn't take my insurance  so I wrote him a check and my insurance sent me part of the money.  And oh....there is a 3 month waiting list to get a surgical date.

Someone who drives an Audi does have an appreciation for quality automobiles and someone who lives at 18 Division St has an appreciation for a nice apartment. So why would someone who appreciates quality think all dentists are the same and that you select one if they accept your insurance.

Don't make me answer my own question.  It won't be pretty.

You know that I won't go to most dentists. I must know something about dentists.