Saturday, February 28, 2015

My Goal

I have been a dentist for almost FORTY YEARS and 23 years ago I took my first continuing education courses in Manhattan on Cosmetic Dentistry.  I was literally stunned by the quality of the work shown and driving home to the Capital District I made myself a vow. " You don't know anything about cosmetic dentistry  but you are going to learn and try to become among the best in the world."  And since I was already 43 years old, it could not be said that this was merely youthful exuberance.

I dedicated myself to improving my knowledge and skills spending one week a month taking courses at  a cost of $150,000 to $200,000 a year.

I never miss an opportunity to compliment another dentist on their work and yesterday, I saw the work of an old friend posted on FACEBOOK. He was  placing two bonded resin fillings under a rubber dam and this is what we said to each other.

  • Gerald Benjamin Ray this is why it is worth driving 2 hours so that YOU can fix this person's teeth. Your care an concern for your patient is obvious. Gerald Benjamin, DDS
  • Voller Dentistry Thanks Gerald! Coming from you, that is truly humbling! ( for those of you who don't know, Gerald is one of the finest dentists in the world!!)





    I am truly honored by Dr. Voller's comments. 

    I work so hard to do my best to take care of you  and  when one of my colleagues believes that I am, and tells two billion people, this is truly a day to remember!