Sunday, June 14, 2015

700 Blogs

I have been blogging  more than 10 years and probably closer to 15.

This is my 701st blog and for those of you who regularly read my blogs, you know that dentistry is only a small part of what I chat about. The state of the country, the state of science and the state of dentistry have been subjects for discussion.  And a good part of my blogs talk about doing the right thing and the ethics of being a professional so that I can better take care of you.

I didn't go into the Health Professions or dentistry specifically to make money. As one of my patients recently said, "taking care of your patients has been 'your calling," and  I could not agree more.

I never mean to offend anyone when I discuss a topic but, as you have seen, I don't necessarily shy away from controversy especially when I feel something is important and it is buried on page 20 in the New York Times.

As always, I thank you for being my patient and for taking the time to read my blogs. I hope that you have found them to be timely and important; most of all, I hope that they have made you think.