Sunday, June 7, 2015

End of an Era

My good friend and colleague Dr. Peter Collins, a periodontist, is getting close to retiring. He helped me on almost every beautiful case that you see on my website by modifying the gum tissue and bone so that I could do what I do.

But don't worry.

I have already met the new periodontist, Dr. Mahogany Miles and will work with her very closely so that she knows what I need to continue to produce great cases for my patients. She knows how to treat the gum and bone but my role will be to introduce her to the rules of cosmetic dentistry so that she understands why I want something performed and what I expect from her treatment.

I look forward to working very closely with Dr. Miles.

I am very sad that Dr. Collins is retiring because he is in my dental generation and I will be one of the last of a generation that was taught to always place our patient's best interest above my own.

And life goes on...but I will be THE LAST dentist from my generation that will still be practicing. I will do this job as long as my skills permit me to be at the top of my game.