Wednesday, July 8, 2015

From Newburgh to Syracuse

An old friend from the Newburgh area was in my office to have a new crown made for a front tooth.  Dr. D is a dentist who I met in the late 1990s and was very disenchanted with dentistry. I met him several times for dinner and he was an observer in our office many times. Dr. D was very impressed with the comprehensive and cosmetic treatment that we offered in our office and I was able to convince him that if he started to study intensively that he too could perform exciting dentistry. Almost twenty years later, he credits me for changing his life; he is one of the best clinical dentists in his area.

The 7 year old boy had his tooth knocked out and the parents, both physicians, searched for the best endodontist for treating traumatic injuries. Dr. Francisco Banchs is one of the world's experts regarding traumatic injuries to teeth and the boy's tooth was saved. Yesterday, his Dad travelled 150 miles each way to have me place a direct bonded resin filling in the root canal treated tooth.

It is a true honor when others in my profession and our  non dental patients seek me out and are willing to travel hundreds of miles to have their dental care in our office.