Tuesday, January 5, 2016

"I Want to Thank You"

I walked into Trish's (my hygienist) room to see a long time patient for an exam. May Lou has been my patient since my first office in Tamarac Plaza  38  or 39 years ago and in all of these years I have placed about 6 or 8 direct bonded fillings and one onlay. She has not lost a single tooth and she has no crowns, which has to be a record for any dental office given the fact that many dentists look for any reason to place a crown.

After our usual greetings and a Happy New Year, Mary Lou said, " I want to thank you for keeping all of my teeth.  I have friends who are my age who are wearing dentures and I could not bear having a denture."

The overwhelming majority of my patients who I have cared for between 25 and 35 years have almost every tooth that they first came to my office with. Even though I have won an international  contest for one of my cases and have gained an international reputation for the work I have done, my greatest accomplishment has been to help the overwhelming majority of my patients to keep their teeth...and do it with the fewest possible number of crowns (which destroys teeth.)

I am honored to have been allowed to take care of my patients for almost 4 DECADES. Caring for you IS my Life's Work.

(Aside: If you think it is about the money, you don't know me or my staff.)