Sunday, January 10, 2016

Thomas Friedman Writes a Column (Not Political)

I have read Tom Friedman's columns in the New York Times for approximately forty years. Sometimes I agree with him and sometimes I don't. (My Dad worked for The Times in the Circulation Dept. so I had to read the paper.)

I have said many times if we see the problems of America only in terms of Democrat, Republican, Liberal or Conservative, we will never solve our problems...We have to open our minds, as if we were running a business and ask ourselves two questions:

1. What is the problem?
2. What are our options to solve that problem?

This is exactly how we deal with issues in our office...No preconceived ideas and no limits on our solution options.

Well Tom Friedman wrote in his Friday column that if the next President is going to be successful, he/she will have to use some of the ideas from the Democratic side and some ideas from the Republican side because, he reasoned, both sides have valid ideas but neither side alone has the solution itself.

Oh my, there IS an adult in the room.

I told you that it was not a political blog.