Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Different Groups of Dentists

I recently joined my third internet dental group. Each group is profoundly different than the other.

The first group is made up of world class dentists from around the world who love to post their work.
Why show cases? To educate, to learn and to show other dentists that you deserve  to be a part of their group.

The second group of dentist love to talk politics, sports, cars, weather, religion and philosophy.
Do they talk dentistry? Not so much. They don't seem to enjoy their work as much as I enjoy my work.

The third group I joined by accident when I answered a question on Facebook. The dentist that responded welcomed me to their group. Who is in this group? Everyone is young, no one talks about their work or their patients and the emphasis is on making money.

As you know, fixing your teeth is my greatest joy. Making money.....not so much.

I won't last long in the third group because I am an old guy who always puts my patient's interest ahead of my own financial interest... I just don't fit in that group... Nor am I happy in the second internet dental group.

I try to broaden my horizons but I keep returning to groups of dentists that are highly educated, highly trained and deeply care about their patients.

All dentists are not the same. Which group do you want YOUR dentist to belong to?