Thursday, September 28, 2017

Patriotism (Not political)

Let's make something  clear...I stand for the flag and the National Anthem. Why?
Because I do it out of respect for the  VALUES  that America, the flag and the National Anthem stand for.

Do I think that standing for the flag is the BEST way to show one's patriotic side?

Absolutely not!

A better way to show one's patriotism is to pay taxes for the privilege of living in our great country.

Almost 50 years ago there were two very patriotic brothers from Texas who earned millions of dollars  but refused to pay any Federal taxes. They were staunch supporters of the Vietnam War but refused to  pay for the bullets so that soldiers could fight. Were they truly patriots?

If someone refuses to pay taxes, that is the ultimate sign of disrespect for our nation. If you don't want to stand for the flag or the National Anthem...I understand and I won't question your patriotism..

If someone refuses to pay their taxes....I have a right to question  their patriotism.

Because I said that this is NOT a political blog...I won't mention any names of those who refuse to pay taxes.