Friday, April 27, 2018

39 Times 3

On Thursday, I saw three of my patients that I have taken care of for 39 years each.

One patient has every tooth that she had when she became my patient in 1979. Another patient lost one tooth in 39 years and the last patient continues to get tooth decay and has lost many teeth.

The first two patients are the norm; most of my long term patients have every single  tooth that they had when they became my patient. The last patient was a single mother and had a challenging life.

So why do my long term patients have all of the teeth?

BECAUSE I NEVER CUT DOWN THEIR TEETH FOR CROWNS SO THAT I COULD MAKE MORE MONEY.

Crowns may be a necessary evil but they are still evil. The most traumatic thing that you can do for a tooth is to cut it down for a crown. This makes no sense.

In my new ad in HERLIFE magazine, we are advertising for regular dental patients rather than for cosmetic or comprehensive/complex treatment patients. In the ad it says, "Sometimes Less Dentistry Is More."  This means that it is our office goal to allow you to keep all of your teeth for a lifetime. How do we do that? By not cutting down your teeth for MY BENEFIT i.e. profit. We will not cut down your  teeth so that I can make more money. We work very hard so that you will keep your teeth AND we earn less money than dentists that destroy tooth structure for profit.

Think about this.