Friday, February 27, 2009

Ten Years Younger

I performed a miracle this week!
I treated a middle aged, tall, attractive, successful male patient this week who came to my office because he thought that he looked old. What he was saying, in not so many words, was that his teeth were severely worn down so that when he smiled, he could not see any of his teeth. I am guessing that he saw a picture of himself in a family photo and was not pleased by what he saw. This week I started treatment to restore his entire mouth back to its original health so that all of his teeth would look they way they did when he was 25-35 . When my patient left in his temporary crowns, he looked like the the handsome man of his younger years. The gray hair still gave him away as a mature gentleman but his new smile made him look 10 years younger.
The appointment lasted all day as he was my ONLY patient of the day. It was thrilling to have him thank me and shake my hand when he left.
I just love being a dentist.