Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Dean at SUNY/Buffalo visits Dr. Benjamin

I used to be a major Alumni contributor to the Dental School at SUNY/Buffalo until recently. In fact, I helped found the first Esthetic Center within a University with my mentor Dr. Fred McIntyre. I became disenchanted with the Dental School because the faculty liked teaching the same material that I was taught way back in the 1970s.
The Dean came to my new office to inform me that he had been working diligently to change minds and incorporate the material and techniques that I had been demanding for more than 10 years.
I am honored to have played a role in moving the State University of NY School of Dental Medicine into the 21st century. Perhaps I can now make my monthly trips to Buffalo to teach dental students, post doctural and practicing dentists how to do the best possible dentistry for their patients. We all win when we can convince others to strive for excellence.