Friday, March 6, 2009

Let me help YOU

My last patients at the end of the day on Wednesday and Thursday wanted me to improve their smiles with beautiful porcelain veneers which I would have LOVED to have done for them. I did a direct resin mock up to diagnose and demonstrate to my patients what the final outcome of treatment with porcelain veneers would look like. More importantly, the direct resin mock up told me that the best way to improve their smiles was NOT by placing veneers but rather by seeing an orthodontist. Both of my patients thanked me for my honesty and integrity for wanting to help them get the best treatment. I worried that by placing veneers that I would be removing too much tooth structure and weakening their teeth.
On May 29, 1977 I took a vow to never knowingly hurt another human being while providing dental treatment. I want you to know that I truly care about doing the right thing for you, my patient.