Saturday, June 13, 2009

Traveling patients

I was thrilled this week to have a new patient travel to see me from Buffalo, NY. This patient was referred to me by one of my mentors and one of the finest dentists in the world. Almost everything I know, I have learned from Dr. Fred McIntyre and when he left SUNY/Buffalo and his faculty practice, he referred one of his private patients to ME. It is an absolute honor to earn the respect of a mentor and to have him trust me enough to refer his patient to me.
Another one of my long time young patients moved to Boston after she graduated from college. She called my office on Tuesday to tell me that she chipped her front tooth and that she didn't trust anyone else to repair her tooth. I am honored that one of my patients would travel 3 hours in each direction to see me because they TRUST ME.
It sure makes me wonder when some of my Troy patients tell me that Saratoga is too far to go to see a dentist.... Let me tell you...when I need a tooth fixed, I travel 4-5 hours to have Dr. McIntyre repair my tooth.