Friday, June 19, 2009

FINALLY

CLEVELAND, Ohio (CNN) -- As he walks the halls of the Cleveland Clinic, Dr. Steven Nissen makes the next generation of health care in America sound quite simple.
"Everything that we do is done with the patient at the center of the picture, not the doctor at the center," Nissen says as he takes a visitor on a tour of the clinic's world-renowned cardiac center.
"Everything we do is done with the patient at the center of the picture, not the doctor at the center." (John King reported on CNN)
Where have you heard this before?
I have made this point over and over and over. Our patients are our reason for being.
I have told you time and again that I would never do anything to harm my patient nor would I ever place making money over your best interest.
In many dental practices making money IS the only thing that matters and the patient is a necessary inconvenience to that end.
WHY DO WE USE PHYSICIANS AND DENTISTS THAT NO LONGER CARE PASSIONATELY ABOUT TAKING CARE OF THEIR PATIENTS?
I am very happy to learn that the Cleveland Clinic practices the same philosophy that I have used during the past 30 yrs. It has always been about YOU, my patient.
The only difference between me and the Cleveland Clinic is that no one pays me or my staff a salary so we have to earn our keep on a daily basis.