Saturday, September 11, 2010

Because I Am Worth It

L'Oreal became a house hold name in women's hair color with the slogan, "Because you are worth it." Yes, Perference by L'Oriel was more expensive than the average hair color system but YOU deserve to have 'the best.'
I have had many patients travel great distances for dental treatment but none came as far as my newest patient. This person arrived in Saratoga Springs on Friday evening and returned home on Tuesday. The purpose of the journey was to spend time with a life long friend who also came from outside of the United States. Mrs. E. was visiting a friend of mine when the subject of teeth came up and my friend showed her my website on Labor Day. She was amazed by the work on my website and my friend sent me an email asking me if I would mind seeing his visitor before she left for home the following day. Everyone knows that I love fixing teeth and I told my friend to bring his visitor to my new office in 10 minutes and I would meet and evaluate her dental needs.

The visitor wanted to have a beautiful smile and had no problem flying in from home to be treated in my office. Some of my Troy patients are angry at me for opening a new office and closing my old one in a few weeks (September 28) because they feel that it will be too far for them to travel to a dentist. My old patients would travel 40 miles to my new office while my new patient will travel 4,000 miles.

Why would someone travel from Zurich, Switzerland to Upstate New York to have their teeth fixed? Because they appreciate the value of their teeth and they believe that I am a good dentist?

No!!! Because THEY are worth it.