Monday, September 20, 2010

Your Mother Told You that Imitation is the Highest Form of Flattery

A few weeks ago I posted a case on the international dental forum ACE. As you know, I do that frequently because I am proud of the work that I do and I do not shy away from having other dentists critique my work. I received a note of congratulations from a dentist in St. Louis and in his email, the dentist included his website address.

I like to go to other dentist's website because I want to see the level of quality that the dentist is doing and I want to know how much I should value the compliment.
I looked at the gallery of before and after photos of the St. Louis dentist and I was indignantly amazed to see one of MY CASES on his website. He liked my work sufficiently to claim it as his own.

I was honored that of all the dentists in the world to steal case photos from that he would use my work.

Your mother WAS right (again)...Imitation (copying) is the highest form of flattery.