Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dentistry is More than Just Fixing Teeth

I received a very nice compliment from a successful, younger dentist. Unlike most of the times when I blog about receiving a compliment from one of my peers, I had not posted examples of my work. Instead, the young dentist complimented me for being ME and had nothing to do with my significant abilities to restore teeth. He wrote the following:

"I think you are doing it right and I commend you for your integrity,
ability, passion and persistence. Nothing is more important than passion
and persistence."

This young dentist recognizes not only the body of my work that I present for all do see and evaluate but he speaks to the quality of my CHARACTER. When was the last time that you heard anyone discuss the quality of the individual rather than how much money they have or how famous they are.

I am honored by the compliment of my younger colleague.

Aren't integrity and ability both important in selecting a dentist for you and your family?