Sunday, July 17, 2011

It is Why Patients Select Our Office

There are probably 800 dental offices in the Capital District and population of the area is 750,000. The number one reason that patients select a dental office is whether or not the dental office accepts dental insurance. None of these patients will select my office for their dental care because they have 799 other dentists to select.
We received the following note from a grateful parent. I have modified the note to hide the families identity but in no way am I changing the meaning or tone of the note:

Dear Dr. Benjamin,
We want to thank you so much for all you did for us with our daughter's tooth. You went way beyond the call of duty to help us.If it wasn't for special interest and expertise, we would never have gotten the wonderful results. You are truly a most caring dentist and person.

Thanks for everything.

During my 35 year career, I have received many such letters and not one of the writers of these notes cared whether or not I accepted their insurance.

You need to think about whether the person that you have selected to take care of you will 'go above and beyond the call of duty' to help you when you need help.

You KNOW that I will.