Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I Said "NO!"

I try to have very high standards in our office which is another way of saying, "I always try to Do The Right Thing."

A 20 year old fellow came to my office asking me to do veneers for him to improve his smile. A clinical exam revealed that the only treatment for his misplaced teeth was orthdontic treatment (aka: braces). I most definitely could do veneers for this young man and give him the spectacular smile that he so desperately wants. And I most certainly would earn a good fee for creating his fabulous smile.

But I said, "NO!"

I will not hurt a patient or destroy his teeth so that I can earn income. This young man needs an orthodontist and he does not need me to cut down his teeth to little pegs.

Esthetic Dentistry IS IMPORTANT and it can change people's lives. But then again, so is my integrity.

I give you my word that I will treat you like you were my family.

(The young man calls my office everyday trying to convince us to treat him.)