Sunday, March 18, 2012

Inspiring Others

I grew up in a home with a sufficent amount of income to cover our basics but not a penny more for 'extras.' That gave me an understanding of what the role of money should be in my life...We could be happy without a lot of money. To this day, I would never perform treatment which was not needed, requested or excessive just to increase my income. As a professional, that would be unethical.

So what motivates me? My goal as a dentist is to do THE BEST POSSIBLE dentistry for my patients so that they can maintain a healthy mouth and a beautiful smile. Another thing that that has become increasingly important to me is the challange to inspire other DENTISTS to move in the direction of excellence. This is why I post my work on dental internet forums so that other dentists can see what is possible when education, materials and passion are combined to produce excellence.

I posted some of my posterior direct resins on the IDF a few days ago and today I rececived the following email from a dentist:

"I have to say I really admire your work and this is a challenge to me right now that has really fueled my passion for dentistry even more."

Inspiring other dentists to move to their next level of dental excellence has become a major focal point in my career.

Now we have to challenge our patients to want and appreciate excellence.