Monday, August 13, 2012

Why Patients Travel

I restored a tooth for one of my long term patients who has been with me for 30 years. As with most of my long term patients, we have become friends and he knows that I will do the very best that I can to take care of him. Before I had given Don some novocaine, he told me that he had seen two of my former patients and that they had been treated by their new dentist and it was just not the same as when I was their dentist.

Sometimes our best patients are former patients who left our office to find another dentist. When they decide to return to our office, they first have to convince Donna that they are now sincere about their oral health. Almost every person that we accept back into the fold apologizes for leaving and recognizes that a dentist is not a dentist; Traveling to Saratoga now becomes a non issue.

I thank all of you who have remained my patient all of these years. No one cares more about taking care of you than I do.And I believe that you know that.