Sunday, December 21, 2014

Education, Education and More Education

The fact that I am in my late 60s has not diminished my interest in learning more and becoming a better dentist....All for YOU.

I told  you that we have purchased  a CEREC system that will allow us to design and fabricate strong ceramic (metal free) crowns and onlays in one appointment and without placing the impression material (the goop) to take impressions.

Last weekend Trisha, Jeanine and I travelled to Scottsdale, AZ to learn more about our new system.  In September I had a two day course in Charlotte, NC and more recently we had 20 hours of study in our office. We now have more than 100 hours of education on our new system. The manufacturer told us to just do 20 crowns  and 'we would learn.' We refused their suggestions and instead invested tens of thousands of dollars learning the right way to use the CEREC system.

I have never been comfortable 'practicing' on my patients; for me, learning from the experts is the best way to incorporate new techniques and technologies into our practice. This is why I have invested almost FIVE MILLION DOLLARS in my education after dental school.

Why would I do that?

Because you DESERVE to be taken care of by a clinician who KNOWS what he or she is doing.