Saturday, August 22, 2015

The Call That I Won't Return

I truly believe that our office does a better job than the average dental office in taking care of our patients. Donna will call Root Canal Experts or an oral surgeon's office to get you the first available appointment when you are having a significant problem. We WANT to take care of you. Are we perfect? Of course not...we are human.

It has always been my policy to take care of out of town visitors who have a dental emergency. It is also my policy to provide care for YOUR guests who visit you and have a dental emergency.

Last night at 11 PM I received a call and voicemail from a FORMER patient asking me to see one of her friends from out of town who broke her tooth. Did you note that I said former patient?

I will not go out of my way to help someone who leaves our practice because I do not accept their insurance or because my fees are too high. (Please read my previous blog on what dentists earn) I Will go out of my way to help my patient whenever they need me.

You can bet your life that my FORMER patient called HER new dentist and he probably wouldn't accept her call either...but for a different reason....He or she will not go out of their way to help a guest of one of the patients.

Think about that!